Take Five Friday: A Lot More Than Five
I couldn’t stop finding super-wonderful things to share with the world this week!
1. It Might Get Loud technically opens today. In AZ we probably won’t get to see it until late September.
it sounds odd, but the beginning of it, when Jack White is making a down and out guitar with a glass bottle and what not, makes me lose my shit.
2. Zoe Bell. (plus Ed Brubaker? Le Swoon!)photo credit
I am obsessed with her awesome accent, her cute as a button face and her amazing upbeat mentality. Oh, by the way, did I mention she’s a certified badass?
3. She is another reason I am more stoked than ever to see Whip It!
Also, derby names are some of the best things ever! Zoe Bell plays Bloody Holly, Kristen Wiig plays Malice in Wonderland, Juliette Lewis plays Iron Maven, and Eve plays Rosa Sparks.
4. Thinking about giveaways.
I’m thinking of doing a couple giveaways on my blog. I have some super cool vintage stuff and ideas for care packages…but i’m not sure if anyone would be interested. Cookies could possibly be involved…
5. We Love Colors
6. Interview of Tom Waits, by Beck!
9. Getting Close and Personal with Point and Shoot Digicams has some great tips.
10. List of Band Names Etymologies. The Beau gave me this list a couple weeks ago, and I’m still going through it. Fascinating!
11. I am obsessed with wasting all my time in Square America.
12. Operation Nice and Secret Agent L are my two new mentors, even though they don’t know it! Their commitment to being beacons of nice in a world full of selfishness gives me hope (and inspiration). I have a couple things planned in their honor. If only we lived closer together so we could plan massive Nice Attacks on a city all at once!
13. I had to stop on 13 because that is my favorite number. Ramsey, who makes the fabulous List Zine and takes drawing commissions, updated her LJ recently, stating she has made a certain entrepreneurial goal, and I am beyond excited to find out what it is! She has such a great mind for knowing what she is good at and using it to her advantage. The plus side is, she is able to make the people that see and buy her stuff incredibly happy as well! I know whatever she does will be amazing.
Is there anything you’re incredibly happy/thankful/looking forward to this week?
Posted on August 14, 2009, in fashion, Film Discussion, Ladies, Lists, Musical Endeavors, Things to Do, Tips + Tricks and tagged angel of death, beck, better writing tips, ellen page, handmade elephant, it might get loud, jack white's homemade guitar, List Zine, Operation Nice, point and shoot camera help, Ramsey Beyer, roller derby names, Secret Agent L, square america, Take Five Friday, tom waits, vintage photobooth, vintage pictures, we love colors stockings, whip it!, zoe bell. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.