Take Five Friday: Still Cold and Done With Winter
Although I already posted about why I’m excited for spring, that post in no way diminished my impatience for winter to be over.
So, some things I am thankful for, to keep my mind off the winter:
5. Plans, lists, and more plans! You guys know I love my lists, and plans are probably second in my weird loves. I am currently making plans and ideas for the spring/summer of friends! The picture is part of one of my ideas: a summer camp of sorts with badges! Scavenger hunts, water balloon fights, mud olympics (if there’s a monsoon) and more and at the end of the year, we count up the badges and name the winner!
photo credit Agent Lover
4. Women in Horror Month Zine. I have been thinking about it for a while, but now it’s coming down to the wire to ACT! I am really excited to pour some ideas into a zine, and one for a good cause. Promoting strong women characters in horror is something close to my heart.
3. The picture below, and all the other amazing MMA things that have happened this week:
original picture by CagePotato
2. Dear Scott, Dearest Zelda. I want this book tattooed on my skin. I knew I loved the Fitzgeralds before, but now I am completely smitten. With Zelda especially. Progressive and astute, yet naïve and irresponsible, she could have been me, as a flapper. I don’t want to give it back to the library.
1. The number one thing I am using to get my mind off winter this week? The gym. I love my gym so much. It may tire me, but I sleep better, I feel better, and thanks to my new obsession with the tricep machine, no chicken wing arm! It’s no David Barton gym, but the results are the same.
Posted on January 29, 2010, in Film Discussion, Guy-con, Ladies, Lists, MMA, Physical Health and Beauty, The Library and tagged gym, list crazy, MMA, rio vista recreation center, summer camp, women in horror, zelda fitzgerald. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.