Month: October 2011
So, let’s see what happened ’round here this week:
-made some banana espresso chocolate chip muffins with a recipe from sweet pea’s kitchen. It’s amazing I managed to get this one photo. I really should stop mentioning I baked things if I can’t stop shoveling said treats into my mouth to take a proper picture.
-is it just The Beau & me that think the pumpkin candy corn tastes better than the rest?
-the bushes all around our place have been blooming since it cooled down considerably, and I am so glad I captured them when I did because the next day, all the flowers fell off.
-had an impromptu pumpkin-carve with my mom. We decided to brave a Martha Stewart idea and do a reverse carve. You carve so that the design is like a 3-d relief of an image, and the shell around it is carved down so the light will show through. Well, Martha can explain it better than I can.
-The Beau and I are going to a Halloween party on Saturday and I am so excited! I haven’t been to an honest to goodness Halloween party in AGES, so I wanted to do it right. The above photo is my inspiration. Bwahaha!
-Sunday is the Cupcake Love-In and we are going for the 2nd year in a row. So stoked that I am going to try and abstain from snacks and desserts the next couple days *starts doing jumping jacks*
Not pictured: going to a Louis CK show tonight, very stoked.
photo via f*yeahnightmares
Yes, you read that right, my list of lists. If you enjoy making lists as much as I do (which is pretty odd for a right-brainer like me), then making lists of lists is the epitome of fun. All the research! When it all comes together you feel like a Knowledge Queen! Anyway, here are some of the great lists of Halloween costumes I have found.
-Yahoo’s 30 easy diy halloween ideas
-Of course, photojojo‘s ideas are photography related. (I love the grayscale/Pleasantville-style idea)
-Most of these costume ideas from babble could be used for kids or adults. Those Fantastic Mr. Fox costumes, oh my goodness!
-I adore this website, take back halloween. Despite what society says, you don’t have to dress as a slutty ladybug, cop or whatever. You can dress clever and cool without a short skirt.
Still awesome as he ages. Still oh so charming. As it turns out, I have adored him almost my entire life – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit to Paris Je T’aime. Now that’s a range!
photo via movieweb
Does anyone remember this episode of Frasier? Frasier dates a gym teacher and he keeps imagining her as his old gym teacher tyrant. Oh man, so good. Hoskins, superb.
Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, this is how you age as an actor. Not by yelling, selling your ability and your integrity. :/
One of my closest friends has a birthday today. Since he has own online deal going, I’m not going to spoil it by putting up embarrassing pictures of him eating 3 lbs of gummi bears (although if any of his friends have embarrassing pictures they want to give me…)
But I wanted to say Happy Birthday, and here’s some other pretty awesome people who share your special day.
This week has been busy with food and fun!
Let’s see I:
- Made pecan oatmeal cookies and pumpkin Cheerio treat bars (I could have sworn I got pictures of the cookies, but they are long gone, as always)
- Had dinner with the family – always fun to laugh around platefuls of pizza!
- did not know NPR had Science Fridays all the time! How did I not know?! Speaking of science, the Orionid meteor shower is peaking tomorrow…maybe I can talk The Beau into driving out of town to watch the show!
- Made a newspaper snippet on this amazing generator. I foresee my pen pals and The Beau getting a lot of random “articles” I found. :)
- Went on a fabulous bike ride that include secret underpass artwork, a babbling stream, a roadrunner, rabbit but not a javelina, and the above pictured rest stop that I always see from the freeway. Very serene ride.
- Created then sent out a postcard made from a beer coaster (in honor of Oktoberfest)
- am excited about getting my color packfilm in the mail today – more portrait photos await!