Some of life’s little joys:
- When umbrellas flip inside out
- dropping food
- Little kids using big words.
Story time! When one of my cousins (who is now in her second year at ASU) was about 7?, my mom asked her if she was excited about school starting.
She replied, “Kind of. I really feel ambivalent about it.”
My mom was taken by surprise. “What do you mean?” she asked, thinking my cousin just used a word she’d heard.
“You know, i am kinda torn. I’m excited, but also nervous.”
She was a clever little girl. 🙂
- “A very special episode” of anything
- The straight piece in Tetris
- Sincere compliments that aren’t just “nice shirt.”
- all the little notes I write that people say (drunk or sober) and share them later. The Beau thinks it’s inappropriate to read them aloud. I have to learn to keep them to myself more.
- Thinking of ways to get people to laugh out loud. One is with this video (I had my cousin in tears she was laughing so hard). Another is making them tailor-made weird presents. Another is fart noises.
- Hot chocolate.
photo credit I don’t get to indulge in hot chocolate until about Halloween, but the wait is definitely worth it.
4 thoughts on “Infinite Joy”
Lindsey and I had hot chocolate last night. Because, you know, it was so cold and everything.
I have been trying to not act like a crazy person, but I have had a hankering for hot chocolate all summer. It’s bad enough I curl up with hot tea while Jeff is drinking his nice iced tea, but whatever!
I’m not sure I understand how dropping an ice cream cone is a good thing…
Twisted weirdo that I am, I get a hilarious kick when ice cream falls off the cone. Except for when it happens to real little kids.