can’t remember where I found this.
So, as a follow-up to yesterday’s post, here are my findings of a day off the computer:
1. I do work a little better when I force myself off the computer (imagine my surprise.), but then I find other distractions. Sundays when i should be doing home chores like laundry, all I want to do is GoogleRead. On days I have all the computer time in the world, I start to scrub walls. Whatever, motivation center of the brain.
2. Continually flipping records to play certain songs gets tiring when you get really into working on something.
3. Something always happens to disrupt my process. It’s usually lunch with friends or family. Which I celebrate, but when I get back, the last thing I want to do is clean up my morning mess.
4. I really do love letter-writing, I just have to have a pile of letters to write to get in the groove. But it is so much fun to pack envelopes full of fun stuff!
5. I need to stop making the computer an excuse and set my legs aflame to get stuff done!
2 thoughts on “An Argument for Happy Work”
And oh what a morning mess it was…
i need to keep it in my office, for sure!