Here is my idea sketch board for a Harvest Moon-themed fall party.
- A photo (or drawing) of a Harvest Moon made into a postcard as an invitation. I used this one as my invitation inspiration.
- chalkboard placemats with menu written on it
- fall flower/vegetable centerpiece of sunflower and artichoke with stem intact in vase with autumn ribbon
- apple fondue (yogurt, caramel, chocolate)
- burlap or kraft paper bunting
- bone colored linen napkins with bamboo plates
- hard or non-alcoholic cider and hot toddies
- s’mores. Really, once fall rolls around I get obsessed with s’mores. Okay, let me be honest, year-round I think about s’mores. I have been trying to figure out other things to jazz them up, too. Peanut butter? Peppermint? Oreo crumbles? nutella? cookies instead of grahams?
- PUMPKIN BEERS. Thank goodness for seasonal beers. Pumpkin beers are surprisingly tasty.
- I topped off my picture with my orange striped canvas tablecloth (DIY later!)
- Use pumpkins as candle holders. Either carve them out like jack-o-lanterns, or just enough to make space for a taper candle!