The harvest moon is the full moon that occurs closest to the autumnal equinox. For most, it signals the beginning of fall in the Northern Hemisphere, so who wouldn’t want to celebrate it?!
Here is my idea sketch board for a Harvest Moon-themed fall party.
- A photo (or drawing) of a Harvest Moon made into a postcard as an invitation. I used this one as my invitation inspiration.
- chalkboard placemats with menu written on it
- fall flower/vegetable centerpiece of sunflower and artichoke with stem intact in vase with autumn ribbon
- apple fondue (yogurt, caramel, chocolate)
- burlap or kraft paper bunting
- bone colored linen napkins with bamboo plates
- individual pies or pies on sticks or pie smoothies from A Beautiful Mess
- hard or non-alcoholic cider and hot toddies
- s’mores. Really, once fall rolls around I get obsessed with s’mores. Okay, let me be honest, year-round I think about s’mores. I have been trying to figure out other things to jazz them up, too. Peanut butter? Peppermint? Oreo crumbles? nutella? cookies instead of grahams?
- PUMPKIN BEERS. Thank goodness for seasonal beers. Pumpkin beers are surprisingly tasty.
- I topped off my picture with my orange striped canvas tablecloth (DIY later!)
- Use pumpkins as candle holders. Either carve them out like jack-o-lanterns, or just enough to make space for a taper candle!
One thought on “Harvest Moon Party”